When you plan to relocate and have to move your most valuable possessions, very close to your heart, a well-planned service turns to be a delight. As such relocation sounds like another name for stress, but it is possible to have a completely relaxed experience if you catch hold of the right company to relocate your belongings with utmost respect and care. You will need to properly discuss your special requirements if certain valuable possessions are to be relocated.
Relocating antiques, instruments and paintings
Certain valuables like antique pieces of murals, chandeliers, furniture, grandpa’s piano or rare paintings belonging to any owner are a major concern to relocate. These pieces may have historical value, may be very expensive or hold a very special sentimental value in the owner’s life, and thus require the highest level of care and attention.
Looking for the right packers and movers
Internet is the easiest and quick tool to go ahead and search for various companies involved in the packing and moving industry. Most Canadian moving companies have their own websites with details of their work and services. It is for you to search the right company and decide for booking.
Few tips to select a company that doesn’t turn your experience into a nightmare:
• Make sure that the company sends their representative for a good check and provide you with an accurate costing.
• Company must have a physical location of their business, including office and warehouse.
• Find out about the different branches of the company or affiliation with other companies so that you don’t have any issues at the point of destination.
• Company should be a member of one of the Canada’s Van Lines.
• Employees entering your house should be well trained.
• Check the transport vehicle they are going to use and if it is well insured.
• Allow them to explain their quality control program to you.
Be prepared with the following questions:
• How will they handle your valuables?
• What packing material would they use?
• Which ware house the valuables would reach at the point of destination?
• Would they unpack the valuables at your house?
• Would they have any provisions for long term or short term storage in case of an emergency?
• What happens in case of any damage?
• What would be the approximate delivery date?
• Is there any compensation for late delivery?
• What would be the most desired mode of payment? Do you have to pay the entire amount in advance?
Make sure your valuables are distinctly labelled with waterproof colored marker or labels as it becomes easier to know that they are placed in the right room. This way, it becomes much more comfortable for you to organize everything during unpacking.
Certain websites may lure with great expectations but end up with nothing to back them up. Choose the right mover to have a great experience.Hope these tips would be good enough for you to have a wonderful and safe relocation with absolutely zero stress level.